Monday, July 5, 2021

The End of an Age

So there's no easy way to say this, but this blog is going to be coming to an end.  My personal circumstances have changed and I am just getting too busy to keep up with the content schedule anymore, and something in my life has to give.  So there's no review this week, and there will not be any more of my "in between" articles or reviews.  I am going to keep up with the stories - or try to - so I can finish out the current arc.  I am really enjoying the story, and I don't want to leave it half-finished.

There will be twice-monthly stories through the end of this year, but after that, I will not be continuing.  I am going to make an effort to finally get the rest of the ebooks done, but I don't know when.  Like I said, I am just getting a lot busier and can't keep up with the demands of the blog.

I have enjoyed my work here.  I wanted to inject some quality into the Sword & Sorcery genre, because I love it and Howard is a major influence on me.  I wanted to try and grow this place and make it into maybe a big enough income stream that it would be my job.  That never really happened, and that is probably because I never had the time or energy to add real membership perks to the Patreon.  Those of you who have contributed, I appreciate every dollar you have given.

The blog itself will not be taken down, and will remain here as long as the platform does.  I am proud of the work I have done here, and I thank you all for sharing it with me.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great stories, and hope you never stop writing more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I enjoyed seeing your posts every week, I'm fine with a whenever-you-feel-like-it schedule if you want to continue, whether that's once every six weeks, six months or six years. It'd be great to see your stories and reviews pop up every now and then. But if that's still too much stress, then you do what you need to do to take care of yourself and your family.

    I'll continue to contribute because I've been paying for access to your talent rather than content. I do that with my other Patreon artist, and she has always been less consistent than you. Here's hoping that one day you can resurrect this blog or find another way to make your writing available to us again. Until then, please let my drop in the bucket keep the spark lit. Take care, Paul.

    ReplyDelete